The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, noncommercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register with the Site. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
All products are subject to availability. We reserve the right to discontinue any products at any time for any reason. Prices for all products are subject to change.
PURCHASES AND PAYMENT
We accept the following forms of payment:
- American Express
- Select Cryptocurrency
You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made via the Site. You further agree to promptly update account and payment information, including email address, payment method, and payment card expiration date, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed. Sales tax will be added to the price of purchases as deemed required by us. We may change prices at any time. All payments shall be in U.S. dollars.
You agree to pay all charges at the prices then in effect for your purchases and any applicable shipping fees, and you authorize us to charge your chosen payment provider for any such amounts upon placing your order. If your order is subject to recurring charges, then you consent to our charging your payment method on a recurring basis without requiring your prior approval for each recurring charge, until such time as you cancel the applicable order. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes in pricing, even if we have already requested or received payment.
We reserve the right to refuse any order placed through the Site. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household, or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same payment method, and/or orders that use the same billing or shipping address. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers, or distributors.
Unless otherwise stated in this Terms of Service, all fees for domain name registrations and related domain name Service(s) are refundable, for a full refund of the purchase price, within 14 days of purchase, with the exception of those domain name registrations and related domain name Service(s) purchased with crypto, which must have a refund request within 5 days of purchase. All refunds will be processed with the same payment method used to purchase the domain, at the then-current spot rates for the USD value of your purchase at the time the refund is issued.
Only the purchase price of your domain will be refunded; any claim fees, blockchain fees or other related fees paid by you will not be refunded.
Angoname.com strongly advises against purchasing any domain that is associated with a trademark, public figure, or with a known brand. However, in the event that you purchase a domain associated with a trademark, public figure, or a known brand, and wish to return such domain, Angoname.com will refund the full purchase price of the domain regardless of the timing of the refund.
Angoname.com reserves the right to refuse, at its sole discretion, to sell a domain name to you for any reason (or to complete such sale once initiated).
Domain fees from new domain name registrations may be refundable, at the sole discretion of Angoname.com, in the event of issues arising from actual or prospective trademark infringement or other abuses, “phishing” (the fraudulent practice of sending emails purporting to be from reputable companies or individuals in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information), technical limitations on name resolutions, mispriced sales (i.e., where the price should have been higher), and legal exigencies (i.e., court-ordered blocking or takeover of domain names, law enforcement-related reasons, etc.).
All refunds shall be made to your profile on our website in the original payment method used, or in store credit.
All payments made by card and Paypal will be refunded and processed in US dollars: you are solely responsible for any fluctuations in the exchange rate between other national currencies or cryptocurrencies between the time period of the original payment and the time that the subsequent refund is issued.
All payments made with cryptocurrency will be refunded and processed in the equivalent amount of USD that was received: you are solely responsible for any fluctuations in the exchange rate between other national currencies or cryptocurrencies between the time period of the original payment and the time that the subsequent refund is issued.
Once a domain goes live on the blockchain and is transferred to your control (that is, to your crypto-wallet, alterable or transferrable only via a private key you personally hold), it is 100% under your own ownership and custody. Angoname.com will not be able to refund your purchase funds or repossess the domain name. However, if you agree to cover the fees associated with transferring the domain back to Angoname.com, we can refund the original purchase once the domain is received, provided the refund is requested within the timelines above. For the avoidance of doubt, refunds to the original payment method will only be available on claimed domains if you return the domain to the Angoname.com corporate account, and pay any blockchain fees or gas fees necessary to transfer it back. Angoname.com will not refund any such fees.
If you have received any store credit or promotional credit or items in connection with your purchase of a domain and wish to receive a refund for the original purchase, you must transfer the purchased domain back to our corporate account, and must forfeit any additional promotional items or credits granted in connection with the purchase, including additional domains bought with promotional credit granted by the original purchase. If you have claimed any domains bought with promotional credit granted by the original purchase, you must also return these domains to our corporate account in order to receive a refund.
All purchases made with promotional credits are NON-REFUNDABLE, and are not eligible for exchanges under any circumstances. Domains purchased with promotion credits cannot be exchanged for alternative or equivalent products, even when a typo is made.
Any additional fees paid for preorders, “sunrise” registration, or any other early access programs, spent domain claim and twitter verification credits are non-refundable.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with securityrelated features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, blockchain mining programs, or other material, including spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations, notwithstanding which, no use which is consistent with the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and the law thereunder, as would apply within the United States, shall be prohibited use by reason of law.
As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third party service providers (each such account, a “Third Party Account”) by either: (1) providing your Third Party Account login information through the Site; or (2) allowing us to access your Third Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account. You represent and warrant that you are entitled to disclose your Third Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third Party Account, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third Party Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third party service provider of the Third Party Account. By granting us access to any Third Party Accounts, you understand that (1) we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third Party Account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site via your account, including without limitation any friend lists and (2) we may submit to and receive from your Third Party Account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the Third Party Account. Depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third Party Accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site. Please note that if a Third Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third Party Account is terminated by the third party service provider, then Social Network Content may no longer be available on and through the Site. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and your Third Party Accounts at any time. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRDPARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRDPARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRDPARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or noninfringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content. You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Site. You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your Third Party Account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable). We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers that was obtained through such Third Party Account, except the username and profile picture that become associated with your account.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site or the Marketplace Offerings (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are nonconfidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, by placing any ads on or with the Site (whether directly or via a third party ad disseminator), you take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and any services provided on the Site or products sold through those advertisements. Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights. We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive remedies.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Marketplace Offerings without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site or the Marketplace Offerings.
If the Parties are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WITHOUT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Consumer Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. If such costs are determined to by the arbitrator to be excessive, we will pay all arbitration fees and expenses. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by either Party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except where otherwise required by the applicable AAA rules or applicable law, the arbitration will take place in Clark County, Nevada. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
In no event shall any Dispute brought by either Party related in any way to the Site be commenced more than one (1) years after the cause of action arose. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
The Parties agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between the Parties individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (a) no arbitration shall be joined with any other proceeding; (b) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a classNameaction basis or to utilize className action procedures; and (c) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
Exceptions to Informal Negotiations and Arbitration
The Parties agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (a) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of the intellectual property rights of a Party; (b) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use; and (c) any claim for injunctive relief. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the Marketplace Offerings, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time, without prior notice.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN ASIS AND ASAVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRDPARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING . CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Site. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
Notwithstanding any privacy-related laws or regulations to the contrary, we will not and cannot delete any data you have provided to us which is subsequently recorded to the blockchain or any other distributed decentralized storage networks. You agree, to the extent you have instructed us, whether explicitly or implicitly (i.e., by submitting it to us through our web portal) to so-record such information, to hold us harmless and indemnify us (in the manner of the previous section) for any claims or damages founded upon the publication of and/or the inability to delete such information. The indemnification of the previous section shall be construed to include and encompass any third-party damages or claims founded upon your submission of data to us which cannot subsequently be removed or deleted.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
Visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You hereby consent to receive electronic communications from us, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE SITE. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of nonelectronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
STORE CREDIT POLICY
Any refunds, if granted, are made as a prepaid amount to your profile on our website, and these amounts do not expire. Store credit issued to you as part of an Angoname.com customer loyalty program or promotional gift will expire in the time period stated in the email or other notification you receive regarding the store credit. The notification may contain other terms and conditions that will also apply. No service fees, dormancy fees, or other fees will be charged for the redemption of store credit. Unless required by law, store credit cannot be redeemed for cash and is non-transferable.
To apply your store credit to a future purchase or to inquire about the balance of store credit on your profile, please contact us by email at [email protected]
Please read these Terms of Service (the “Terms”) carefully as they form a contract between you and Angoname.com Inc., a Delaware corporation (“UD”; “us”; “our”) that governs your access and use of our application, our services, and other software that may be downloaded to, or accessed by, any mobile or computing device you own or control in connection with our services (collectively, the “Services”).
By using, accessing, or downloading the Services, you are agreeing to these Terms. You may not use, access, or download the Services unless, and by accessing the Services you represent and warrant that, you (1) if an individual, are at least 13 years of age, (2) have not at any time breached a contract with UD, and (3) accept and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- Account Registration. To create an account, you must register for the Services using your phone number. You agree to receive text messages and phone calls (from us or our third-party providers) with verification codes to register for our Services.
- Software. In order to enable new features and enhanced functionality, you consent to downloading and installing updates to our Services.
- Fees and Taxes. You are responsible for data and mobile carrier fees and taxes associated with the devices on which you use our Services.
- Your Responsibilities and Restrictions. You are solely responsible for your actions. You agree:
- to abide by all material local, state, national, and international laws and regulations applicable to your use of the Services;
- to comply with all applicable export control and trade sanctions laws;
- not to violate or infringe the rights of UD, our users, or others, including privacy, publicity, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights;
- not to distribute in any way files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other software code that may damage the operation of the Services or any other computers or facilities;
- not to interfere with or disrupt networks or facilities used in providing, or that are connected to, the Services;
- not to transmit or post any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- not to interfere with any other customer’s use and enjoyment of the Services;
- not to transmit any content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening;
- not to send illegal or impermissible communications such as bulk messaging, auto-messaging, and auto-dialing;
- not to gain or try to gain unauthorized access to our Services or systems;
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code underlying our Services;
- not to disrupt the integrity or performance of our Services;
- not to create accounts for our Services through unauthorized or automated means;
- install or use a copy of the Services on a device that you do not own or control;
- not to collect information about our users in any unauthorized manner;
- not to sell, rent, or charge for our Services; and
- to comply with all material and applicable regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to the Services.
You acknowledge that the laws and regulations governing the use of the Services may change from time to time. If we disable your account for a violation of our Terms, you will not create another account without our written consent
- Communications and Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that UD neither endorses the contents of any of its customers’ communications, nor assumes any responsibility for the time, place, manner, or contents of any such communications. UD does not have the ability to access communications between its customers. You fully assume all risks associated with your communications via the Services.
- Keeping Your Account Secure. UD does not have the ability to access your messages. You are responsible for keeping your device and your UD account safe and secure.
- No Access to Emergency Services. Our Services do not provide access to emergency service providers like the police, fire department, hospitals, or other public safety organizations. Make sure you can contact emergency service providers through a mobile, fixed-line telephone, or other service.
- Third-Party Services. Our Services may allow you to access, use, or interact with third-party websites, apps, content, and other products and services. When you use third-party services, their terms and privacy policies govern your use of those services.
- Your Rights. You own the information you submit through our Services. You must have the rights to the phone number you use to sign up for your UD account.
- UD’s Rights. We own all copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property rights associated with our Services. You may not use our copyrights, trademarks, domains, logos, trade dress, patents, and other intellectual property rights unless you have our written permission. To report copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property infringement, please contact [email protected]
- UD’s License to You. UD grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use our Services in accordance with these Terms.
- Disclaimers. YOU USE OUR SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK AND SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMERS. WE PROVIDE OUR SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE. UD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR USEFUL, THAT OUR SERVICES WILL BE OPERATIONAL, ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR SAFE, OR THAT OUR SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS, OR IMPERFECTIONS. WE DO NOT CONTROL, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, CONTROLLING HOW OR WHEN OUR USERS USE OUR SERVICES. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OR INFORMATION (INCLUDING CONTENT) OF OUR USERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. YOU RELEASE US, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, “UD PARTIES”) FROM ANY CLAIM, COMPLAINT, CAUSE OF ACTION, CONTROVERSY, OR DISPUTE (TOGETHER, “CLAIM”) AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY SUCH CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY THIRD PARTIES.
- Limitation of Liability. THE UD PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH OUR TERMS, US, OR OUR SERVICES, EVEN IF THE UD PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY RELATING TO, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH OUR TERMS, US, OR OUR SERVICES WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN DAMAGES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE LAWS OF SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN OUR TERMS, IN SUCH CASES, THE LIABILITY OF THE UD PARTIES WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Indemnification. You will indemnify and hold harmless (and, if requested by UD, defend) UD, its parent organizations, subsidiaries, other corporate affiliates, and licensors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents, from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with any claim alleging or based upon any facts that, if true, would constitute a violation by you of any of your covenants, representations, or warranties in this Agreement.
- Availability. Our Services may be interrupted, including for maintenance, upgrades, or network or equipment failures. We may discontinue some or all of our Services, including certain features and the support for certain devices and platforms, at any time.
- Resolving Disputes. The laws of the State of California govern our Terms, as well as any disputes which might arise between UD and you, without regard to conflict of law provisions. Except as otherwise required by a non-waivable provision of applicable law, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, including, without limitation, a claim or controversy regarding the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined and resolved by arbitration in San Francisco, California before one arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction in San Francisco, California or, if such proceeding cannot be lawfully held in such location, as near thereto as applicable law permits. The prevailing party or parties in any arbitration, court action or other adjudicative proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be reimbursed by the party or parties who do not prevail for their reasonable attorneys, accountants and expert fees and related expenses (including reasonable charges for in-house legal counsel and related personnel) and for the costs of such proceeding.
- Ending These Terms. You may end these Terms with UD at any time by deleting the UD application from your device and discontinuing use of our Services. We may modify, suspend, or terminate your access to or use of our Services at any time and for any reason, including, without limitation, if you violate our Terms. The following sections will survive termination of your relationship with UD: Sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18.
- Updates and Modifications. UD may update the Terms from time to time. When we update our Terms, we will update the “last updated” date below associated with the updated Terms. Your continued use of our Services confirms your acceptance of our updated Terms and supersedes any prior Terms.
- No Waiver. If we fail to enforce any of our Terms, that does not mean we waive the right to enforce them.
- Severability. If any provision of the Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable from our Terms and shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Country Restrictions. Our Services are not intended for distribution to or use in any country where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another country. We reserve the right to limit our Services in any country.
- Questions. If you have specific questions about these Terms, please contact us at [email protected]